Inclement Weather Information
There are several ways to stay in the loop regarding school closings and delays:
- The MCPS website will have a banner at the top of the homepage that will be updated to reflect closings and delays.
- The MCPS Facebook page status will be updated.
- An instant alert call will go out through our BlackBoard Connect phone system. If you are the parent or guardian of a student in our schools and would like to receive these calls, make sure your phone number is correct in PowerSchool by checking with the school office. If you are an employee you may email Jessica James at firstname.lastname@example.org to get the information added. If you would like to opt out and not receive the calls, let the office know and you will be removed from the list.
- Our Weather Line will be updated: (276) 403-5859.
- The following news outlets are notified of our closings and delays: WMVS/WHEE, WYAT TV40, WZBB B99, WSLC/WSLQ Q99.1/94.9/K92.3, Cable 18, MGTV 22, BTW21, News 2 WFMY, Cable Channel 10, News 7 WDBJ Cable Channel 6, News 10 WSLS Cable Channel 9, News 13 WSET, and WFXR.
|In the event schools are closed due to an emergency or inclement weather, employees should adhere to the following attendance codes which will be reported to the media:|
|Code 10 -||All 10-month, 11-month, and 12 month employees are expected to report to work.|
|Code 12 -||All 12-month employees are expected to report to work when safe to do so. Any 11-month employee may report and count the day as a contracted work day.|
|Code 0 -||No Employees are expected to report to work.|
If a staff member is unable to report to work due to unsafe travel conditions on a day when Code 10 or Code 12 is announced, the employee's absence will be excused. However, he or she:
• must submit a Certificate of Absence for the missed work day, and